Welcome to SCAF!
The Stanwood-Camano Area Foundation is committed to fostering and promoting a culture of philanthropy in our local community. We work with community members, businesses, and other local non-profit organizations to connect people who care with the causes and initiatives that matter most to them. We build a healthy, sustainable community through a variety of programs that provide basic needs, promote arts & culture, support education, and enhance quality of life.
SCAF manages four different scholarship programs throughout the year to support community education, hosts the annual Philanthropist of the Year Award Ceremony to recognize and support those within the community who exemplify a philanthropic spirit, and hosts SC GIVE, our local annual Giving Tuesday event, to benefit local non-profit organizations and community groups with projects in need of funding which directly benefit the community in a wide variety of ways. We also act as the backbone agency and fiscal agent for the Making Life Work cross-sector community collaboration.
The Stanwood-Camano Area Foundation is proud to have been the local philanthropic resource for our community since 1960.
Our vision is to help build a vibrant, caring, "hometown" community where people can be proud to live, work and play.
We will achieve our vision through facilitating projects and philanthropy that enhance our community, providing non-profit leadership, and supporting education.
- High School Scholarships (benefiting graduating high school seniors)
- College in the High School Scholarships (benefiting high school juniors and seniors)
- Adult Scholarships (benefiting adults in need of additional education or training)
- Music Grants (benefiting middle school musicians)
- Philanthropist of the Year Awards (recognizing and supporting a culture of philanthropy)
- SC Give (providing a funding venue for a variety of projects sponsored by other nonprofit organizations and community groups that directly benefit the community)
- RE/MAX Community Chest Grants (providing community grants to local nonprofits with projects in need of funding)
- Making Life Work (collective impact initiative benefiting families in poverty with children prenatal to age 8)
- Fiscal Sponsorship (supporting community initiatives such as the Rotary Adventure Playground and local YMCA start-up that directly benefit the community
Find Out More:
Watch this PRESENTATION that Bev Pronishan, Executive Director, made to the Stanwood and Camano Chambers of Commerce in a joint meeting on 10/15/20.