The Stanwood-Camano Area Foundation has a long history of providing fiscal sponsorship for grass-roots community efforts. Some examples:
- Stanwood Fairgrounds
- Rotary Adventure Playground
- Stanwood-Camano YMCA Initiative
- Port Susan Farmers Market
Fiscal sponsorship means we accept donations on behalf of a community initiative, provide tax-deductible donations receipts, and pay project related expenses from the funds donated.
In some cases, the fiscal sponsorship lasts throughout the entirety of the project (such as the development of the Rotary Adventure Playground). In other cases the fiscal sponsorship is temporary until an initiative receives its own 501(c)(3) non-profit status (such as the Port Susan Farmers Market), or is folded into an existing 501(c)(3) organization (such as the Stanwood-Camano YMCA Initiative).
To qualify for fiscal sponsorship projects must:
- Directly benefit the Stanwood-Camano community.
- Be realistic and attainable.
- Have experienced project staff or volunteers in place who can successfully implement the project.
For more information about fiscal sponsorship, contact SCAF at email@example.com or call (360) 474-7086.