College In The High School Scholarships
New opportunities for students have opened up in recent years to begin taking college courses during high school. One of those programs is Everett Community College's College in the High School progrm.
This program allows high school students the opportunity to earn EvCC credit while simultaneously earning their high school credit for approved advanced high school courses. Students pay less than half the amount per credit than traditionally charged, and do not have to pay for texbooks or parking like they do in college.
To qualify for a College in the High School scholarship, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a student in good standing at Stanwood High School
- Be unable to take the eligibile courses for college credit without receiving financial assistance.
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Meet the EvCC qualifications for College in the High School classes
- Receive the recommendation of a Stanwood High School Counselor
Scholarship Application Instructions
Applications must be turned in to the student's Stanwood High School Counselor. Counselor recommendations are required for approval. If approved by Counselor, Counselor will submit the application to SCAF for review and final funding decision.